The black & white photo of 5th Ave NW & NW 60th, looking north, is dated December 10, 1920 and comes to us courtesy of the University of Washington Digital Collection, order number SEA0046.
The right side of the 1920 photo shows the remnants of the orchard that once covered the lots between 4th & 5th Ave NW. The trolley had finally made its way into our neighborhood by 1912 and you can clearly see the tracks running the length of the street. The trolley made West Woodland accessible to the rest of Seattle and as a result there was a marked increase in residential building and families calling our neighborhood home.
The trolley terminated at NW 65th, where riders would exit and grocery shop at the Safeway (now, Seattle Floor Service) or the West Woodland Pharmacy (now a private gym) which anchored the corners of 5th Ave & NW 65th Street.
Most of the homes pictured in the 1920 photo are still standing, a few cosmetic changes to their exterior, but all recognizable.